Sunday, August 23, 2009

Week Four - Lecture Sum Up

I realize that there are different means of communication via the internet but what was brought to my attention was just how much information is broadcasted via the big screen. Even sublties like the camera angle convey information to the audience.

I did some research into the multi-million dollar industry. An idustry that can make and break dreams, an industry which we all have taken part whether it be ilegally downloading movies (God forbid), going to the movies and paying outrageous amounts to sit in an uncomfortable chair, buying dvd's, renting dvd's (via itunes or the old fashioned video store).

I wonder how much harm we are doing by watching, uploading and downloading films online. The internet is a great way to get a name for yourself hey ask the Awesometown Boys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo39df-9588). Now on Saturday Night Live. People think that by downloading movies means the end of the industry. I think this is well I won't say. The cinema business will always flourish, its not an entertainment think it's a social thing. People like to go out to the movies, heck my first date was to the movies. Believe me there are plenty of tweeny boppers to keep the movie business moving.

So do I think the movie business is suffering because of the internet? Perhaps but not enough to cause it to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment